• The City of Conway provides utility service for approximately 13,000 area residents and businesses.
• The service area includes all properties within the City limits as well as many properties outside of the City limits.
• Some utility customers located outside the City limits will have water provided by the City of Conway and sewer provided by Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority (GSW&SA). These customers will have accounts at both the City and GSW&SA.
• Utility bills are mailed on the last day of each month. Current bills are due by the 15th of the month and bills with any past due balance are due by the 10th.
• Payments may be made in person at the City Hall Annex building located at 1000 2nd Avenue, or by mail at P.O. Box 1507, Conway, SC 29528, or by bank draft, or at any Conway National Bank branch.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely payment of all invoices after verifying authorization, receipt of the goods or services, and checking for accuracy. The Accounts Payable Clerk works closely with vendors when necessary to resolve any questions or problems with invoices.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
All accounting and financial reporting functions are the responsibility of the Finance Department. The City of Conway has received the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for it's audited financial statements for the past thirteen years. Virtually all staff in the Finance Department contributes to this significant accomplishment. Monthly reports of the City's overall financial activity are provided to other departments and to City Council. The Finance Department maintains all records relating to the financial activity of the City.
• The City of Conway requires every person or entity engaged or intending to engage in any calling, business, occupation or profession, in whole or in part, within the corporate limits of the City to pay an annual license fee and obtain a business license. Business licenses expire on June 30 of each year and renewals are required before expiration. New businesses are required to have a business license prior to operation within the City. Late penalties of 10% per month apply for failure to obtain a business license by the required date. A copy of the business license rate schedule is attached.
• Yard sale permits are issued by the Finance Department. The cost of the permit is $ 10.00. Sections of the City Code of Ordinances pertaining to yard sales are attached.
Payroll services for the City's approximately 245 employees is done through the Finance Department. The Payroll Clerk processes all time sheets and generates the payroll checks. The Payroll Clerk also prepares all of the quarterly and annual payroll tax reports including W-2s for distribution to employees. Assistance with insurance and other payroll related matters is also provided to employees by the Payroll Clerk.