FY2020-2021 Economic Development Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity
City of Conway, SC
Release date: September 8, 2020
Applications due 11:59 pm September 30, 2020
Available funding: $150,000
Maximum grant award: $150,000
Program Period: 07/01/20 – 06/30/21
The City of Conway Economic Development Grant Program provides funding for qualified nonprofits to engage in economic development activities. Successful applicants will establish goals with quantitative benchmarks for their programs.
Eligible applicants include any corporation operating as a charity, nonprofit organization, community chest, chamber of commerce, or similarly structured organization operating wholly or primarily within the municipal limits of Conway, South Carolina.
Permissible use of funds
Economic Development Grants may be used for a variety of related activities, including:
- Economic development programs
- Economic development staff, including all salaries and benefits
- Special events in the City of Conway
- Travel for the purpose of recruiting business
Economic Development Grants may not be used for the following purposes:
- Travel for training purposes
- Development of industrial parks
- Incentives to private industry
- Religious programs
- Public infrastructure
- Political campaigns or activities to support political activities, or to lobby for or against a particular piece of legislation
Applicants must submit an application no later than September 30, 2020. Applications must include the following information:
- Entity name
- Contact information for program staff. One person must be designated as the official point of contact.
- Copy of SC incorporation documents or IRS tax exemption determination letter
- Proposed itemized budget
- Where applicable, maps showing where special events will be held or activities will be conducted
- A detailed narrative, explaining what the proposal entails, description of any collaborations or partnerships, how the program will be implemented, goals and objectives of the program and how each will be measured. This narrative should include a timeline including start dates, dates for reaching each objective and goal, and an end date for the entire program.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the conclusion of each quarter and at the end of the program, grantees will be required to provide a full accounting of how funds were used and progress made during the period.
Grants will be awarded at the discretion of Conway City Council, using guidelines established by that body. It is expected that notices of award will be mailed by November 2, 2020.
Technical and programmatic questions should be directed to:
Questions about the application process should be directed to: