REGISTRATION OPEN FOR NEXT SESSION - Deadline January 13, 2023
Session Dates: January 26, 2023 - March 23, 2023
Applications can be downloaded from HERE or at the police department located at 1600 Ninth Avenue Conway, SC 29526. Here are the application criteria.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Residents of the city of Conway will receive first preference.
- Applicants must undergo a background investigation and a criminal history check.
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of ride-along/work-along time, split between day and evening shifts.
- Applicants must attend the weekly meetings to graduate.
The classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm.
In addition, Academy participants must complete at least 24 hours of ride-along and work-along time with Conway police officers and personnel. Students will arrange these sessions at their convenience, in advance with Sergeant Ricci.
The Citizens Police Academy is designed to give the community and better understanding and appreciation of what law enforcement officers do and the decisions they must make.
This program is offered to the public free of charge.
Contact for Citizens Police Academy: