City of Conway Moves to OPCON 1 Ahead of Hurricane Dorian
Contact: Taylor Newell
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –
Conway, SC (September 3, 2019) – The City of Conway has moved to OPCON 1 (Level 1 Operation Condition) ahead of Hurricane Dorian.
The City’s Emergency Operations Center is now activated with limited staffing. We will be fully operational beginning Wednesday night through the storm. We will continue to keep the public aware of changes in the forecast and any changes to the actions and operations of the City of Conway.
In anticipation of possible effects on our area from the storm, residents should begin preparation now by:
- Surveying your property to mitigate potential flooding, such as making sure storm drains and gutters are clear of debris.
- Having family hurricane plans in place.
- Ensuring family emergency/hurricane kits are ready; including items like water, batteries, flashlights, etc.
- Continually monitoring reputable weather information sources such as local media or the National Hurricane Center for the most up to date hurricane information.
- Keeping vehicles fueled up and serviced.
- Being sure that you Know Your Zone! Go to Horry County’s website at http://www.horrycounty.org/Departments/EmergencyManagement/Hurricanes/KnowYourZone to find your zone.
- Knowing where you will evacuate if needed.
- Making plans for pets.
Additional hurricane information can be found on Horry County’s website at www.horrycounty.org.