APPLY NOW: Citizens Police Academy
The Conway Police Department is now accepting applications for the Citizens Police Academy. Applications for the 2nd session of 2022 will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., Monday, July 25, 2022. Applications can be downloaded from HERE or at the police department located at 1600 Ninth Avenue Conway, SC 29526.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Residents of the city of Conway will receive first preference.
- Applicants must undergo a background investigation and a criminal history check.
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of ride-along/work-along time.
- Applicants must attend the weekly meetings to graduate.
The Citizens Police Academy will be held July 28, 2022 through September 8, 2022. The classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm.
In addition, Academy participants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of ride-along and work-along time split between day and evening shifts with Conway police officers and personnel. Students will arrange these sessions at their convenience, in advance with Cpl. C. Jones.
The Citizens Police Academy is designed to give the community and better understanding and appreciation of what law enforcement officers do and the decisions they must make.
This program is offered to the public free of charge.
For more information contact Cpl. Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (843)248-1790.