The Building Department is responsible for enforcing all State and local building codes, the review of all building plans, and the issuance of all permits.
The Building Staff is responsible for implementing State laws, governing license contractors, modular housing, State Architect and Engineer Board, and is fully qualified in all construction expertise and certified by International Code Council, as well as registered with the State of South Carolina. The staff also handles all requests for the Construction Board of Appeals.
- Requirements and Special Conditions
- Requirements for Modular Homes
- Subcontractor List
Email inspection requests to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will need to email it by 4:30 pm, the day before the inspection is needed. For the inspection request to be accepted, you will need to include the following:
- Permit number
- Contractor's name and phone number
- Address of project (not the lot number)
- Type of inspection
When constructing new constructions and/or additions you will need to supply the following paperwork to get power on the project:
- A completed subcontractor’s list with the contract value for each subcontractor
- Residential - Building Envelope Sealing Certificate, Residential Energy Compliance Code Certificate, and the Residential - Duct Sealing Certificate completed
- Top page to the truss package that has the engineers seal and the list of the trusses
- Pretreat letter completed that includes the type of chemical used. If using the bait system, please indicate that on a sheet of paper and turn in with other paperwork
- Roofing letter notarized and completed
Please make sure you have permit numbers on everything!
If you are not sure about what your project will need as far as final paperwork please contact the Building Department.
Building Plan Reviewer
206 Laurel Street
PO Box 1075
Phone (843) 488-9888
FAX (843) 488-9890